In-line-System for sorting and decor identification
The label sorter system is a camera system providing sorting capabilities based on a 360° cylindrical view of cans. Using this system it is possible to sort different can labels at full production speed, detect and eject any foreign cans from previous production runs.
The GTIN/EAN-Code or a distinguishable pattern (trained model) of the printed decor is used as the sorting criteria. In case of cans with similar decor it is possible to read the label code and therefore detect different language versions.
The LSVision system now offers the possibility for a 100% utilisation of the can production lines and to avoid costly stand still periods. This increases not only the production line output but also avoids foreign cans.
- 360° cylindrical view of can decor
- Synchronous image capture with six cameras
- Detection of a distinctive feature at any rotational angle
- Reading of the decor code
- Reading of the GTIN/EAN code
- Decor inspection
- Sensor unit with six cameras and strobed illumination
- Control cabinet with user interface